Many of us will recall Tomasz, the Polish man who appeared one day and ended up living in the churchyard hedge for several months. After supporting and caring for him, we were eventually able to get him into an Emmaus community where he remains, getting the support and care he needs as he turns his life around.
In part, it is because of Tomasz that we have decided to support Emmaus as our charity for this year. There are a number of exciting events and concerts in the coming months to raise as much money as we can for this amazing charity and their work.
Will and Stephen Boffey had the privilege of visiting Emmaus in St Albans and have made a short film about their work and the approach they take.
This will be screened in the Transept after the 9.30 am service next week so do come along and join us to watch if you possibly can.
Please join us for a charity concert by Sonorité Saxophone Quartet on Sunday 15th May, 2.30pm in aid of our Charity of the Year for 2022, Emmaus Hertfordshire.
Sonorité Saxophone Quartet are part of Sonorité Music, a Hertfordshire-based collective of musicians specialising in music for events and ceremonies.
They enjoy performing in a wide variety of music and styles, from Baroque to Film and Theatre. The group consists of:
- Jenny Akroyd Soprano saxophone
- Kathryn McGuinness Alto saxophone
- Nathan Harding Tenor saxophone
- Daniel Ephgrave Baritone saxophone
Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of Emmaus Hertfordshire.
Please do join us!
Music to cheer the heart
Please join us for a concert of favourite pieces from the world of classical music, performed in aid of Ukraine. Saturday 23rd April, at 7.00pm, in St Mary’s Church, Redbourn.
- Damian Carter Baritone
- Hazel Correa Violin
- Lina Saavedra Soprano
- Micheila Connolly Piano
Music will include:
- Spring, Sonata Vivaldi (arranged for piano and violin)
- Arabesque, Debussy (piano)
- Chanson de matin, Elgar (violin & piano)
- La ci darem, from Don Giovanni, Mozart (song duet)
- Toreador’s aria, from Carmen, Bizet
- E lucevan le stelle, aria from Tosca, Puccini
- Some Enchanted Evening, song from South Pacific, Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Now sleeps the Crimson Petal, English song by Roger Quilter (vocal, piano and violin)
- El Majo Discreto, and El Majo Timido, Spanish songs by Granados
- and more….
Free entry with retiring collection which will go to the DEC Ukraine Appeal.
Don’t miss it!