The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Janet Lang, St Mary’s Parish Safeguarding Officer
Tel: 07513 003 034
Jeremy Hirst, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01727 818 107 / 07867 350 886
Martyn Hedley, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tel: 01727 818 106 / 07391 010 033
Local Authority Social Services
If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the police on 999.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Click here to read our: