Parish of St Mary’s, Redbourn in the Church of England Diocese of St Albans
This Policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council Meeting held on Wednesday 8th May 2019
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that all adults should be offered respect and given inclusion and empowerment within the Church.
- We are committed to implementing a safeguarding policy for adults when they are vulnerable accepting the Church of England Policy on Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Promoting a Safer Church; House of Bishops policy statement 2017) and be responsive to local parish requirements.
- We will review and endorse all safeguarding policies annually so that all members are aware of their responsibilities.
- We will carefully select those working with vulnerable groups and these workers will be given appropriate support and opportunities for training.
- We will respond without delay to every concern or allegation made that a vulnerable adult for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- This Parish will co‐operate fully with the statutory agencies in every situation and will not conduct its own investigations.
- We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to any adult who has suffered abuse.
- We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have offended in a manner which could affect adults who are vulnerable, following the House of Bishops guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
- The PCC acknowledges its responsibility for all work with vulnerable people done in the name of the Church and requires all those engaged in such work to be properly appointed and supported in accordance with the Church of England Practice Guidance: Safer Recruitment (July 2016).