🌳 FOREST TOTS is a fun and friendly outdoor group for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers and their grown-ups. We meet on a Friday morning during term time, (re-starting this coming Friday 16th April, hooray!).
Suitable for children from birth until they start school, Forest Tots is friendly, fun and free! You don’t need to sign up or commit to come every week – just join us when you can. We’ll always be so pleased to see you. Bring your parent, carer, grandparent, childminder, nanny… all are welcome and part of our Forest Tots family.
Each week we will meet at:
- 10.30-11.00am when we follow the trail around our special trees, planting things, finding things, blowing bubbles, thinking about things, running around, singing songs and listening to a short story. 🚸 This bit is suitable for toddlers and pre-schoolers, and then
- 11.00am-12.00pm when we do a craft activity or play in the courtyard, and the grown-ups have coffee, cake and chat. 🍼 This bit is suitable for babies and all ages.
🍯 Our Forest Tots theme for this term is Winnie the Pooh. We will be chatting about…
- Patience – how hard it is for Rabbit to wait for Pooh’s birthday party,
- Change – how Tigger feels when he has to move house,
- Teamwork – a scavenger hunt set by Christopher Robin to find “the greatest thing in the world”,
- Helping our friends – Rabbit’s bad mood when his seeds just don’t grow
If you’re joining us for the trail at 10.30am, we meet by the church porch.
If you’re joining us for coffee and play at 11.00am, we meet in the courtyard outside the Transept Hall, which has benches and chairs to sit on, changing facilities inside and a safe, enclosed area for running around. There will be lots of friendly faces around if you’re not sure where to go.
Please can you bring (if possible):
- Your own mug (grown-ups) – we will provide hot drinks
- Drinks and snacks for the children (sorry we can’t provide these in a Covid-safe way at the moment)
- If you still have a collecting bag from last term for sticks and leaves etc, please bring that along too.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday mornings – it will be lovely to be together again!
With love from
The Forest Tots Team 💕
“Teddy Tots at St Mary’s makes children and parents feel equally welcome. The volunteers create entertaining and stimulating activities for the children, while treating the parents to tea and cake! What could be better?” Parent
“Forest Tots is so much fun for kids – lots of activities if they want to join in, and a green safe space to run around. But also a really caring group of people who make everyone feel welcome. A lovely group for getting to know other parents in the village.” Parent