Following the Government announcement last weekend, we are delighted to announce that St Mary’s will re-open from tomorrow – Monday 15 June – for individual prayer.
In order for us to be able to do this safely and well, there will need to be some strictly adhered guidance to keep you and others as safe as possible:
- The church will be open from 10.00am to 5.00pm each and every day.
- The nave will be open for people to stand or sit but please do not enter the aisles and chancel which will be out of bounds to limit the areas which need cleaning. To assist in this, all hassocks, pew runners and books have been removed for the time being.
- Cleaning will take place regularly to minimise the risk of passing infection but please use the hand sanitiser available and please avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces wherever possible.
- Please do not congregate there in groups or the church will have to be closed again.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times.
- The memorial book will be opened and turned each day but please do not touch the glass case.
- There will be the opportunity to light a candle if you wish but please only touch the candle you are lighting.
- You may like to make a donation for the candle at the votive stand or using the contactless donation terminal in the church.
- Please keep a reverent quiet in the church so that those who wish to pray can do so without interruption.
- This is a small first step which I hope you, like me, will welcome and cherish. Public acts of worship are not permitted for the time being and our services will continue to be broadcast for the foreseeable future until we receive further guidance and recommendations from the Government and the Diocese of St Albans.
2 thoughts on “The Re-Opening of St Mary’s”
Happy days. Small but joyful steps.
joyous… as we follow the carpenter and welder💫